Friday, January 20, 2006

Pokal Review and The Coming Weekend

First, I just want to say that I appreciate all the discussion on the Royal League topic. It was extremely interesting to hear different points of view on the subject. No matter what, the more opinions heard the better.

Second, I wasn’t going to go to the Pokal final on Sunday, but I ended up getting talked into it and I’m glad that I was there to see it. The match was one of the most entertaining that I have seen all year. And I don’t care how you feel about SK Aarhus and their foreign line-up, they all came to play hard. I would say that their excitement was half of the reason why the game was fun to watch. The other half was of course Geo Santos, who pretty much took over the match when it mattered. In any case, I had split feelings about the match, I was happy to see that the match was played at a nice level and I was unhappy to see just how hard it is going to be to do well in the slutspil this year.

Interesting also to note that Gentofte got it handed to them in Middelfart last night. Not that Middelfart winning was a surprise, but 3-0 without ever really being in trouble? I don’t think anyone would have predicted that…

It’s going to be great to get back into a competitive setting after having more than a month off from any real matches. It will be interesting to see where we are in terms of improvement as a team and interesting to see how SK reacts to their loss in the Pokal. I think it’s going to be a real good match but hopefully we’ll have enough to pull out the win. It should be exciting.

I also like the other home team up in Aalborg this weekend. They have been kind of lying low, flying under the radar this season, it is time for them to show that they have the class that all the rest of us expect them to have. I anticipate a solid match from their end.

Which reminds me, can anyone explain the rules that govern who can play for a second team? For example, I watched Holte play DHG in the DVBF cup last weekend and there was at least one Holte player who I’ve seen playing with their first team. If that tournament is only for second team players then how can someone also play elite? Also, congratulations to Holte for winning the DVBF cup again, but you certainly could have injected a little energy into it, eh?

Good luck to everyone this weekend, time to get back to the grind!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Såvidt jeg ved er det muligt fordi der er tale om to forskellige turneringer. Man kan altså spille DVBF Cup og elitedivision samtidig, men man kan ikke spille i Lufthansa Cuppen og DVBF cuppen samtidig. Det var vist også derfor Holte stillede med to "forskellige" hold da de spillede mod Hvidovre 2 gange inden for en uge i pokalen og turneringen.

Anonymous said...

Præcis!

Hele denne her 2.-1.-holdsdiskussion er lidt fjollet, for det handler jo netop om, at der er nogle regler for turneringerne og så må klubben administrere sine spillere behørigt.

Jordan, hvis du havde set jeres eget 2. hold spille mod Holte i 1. division, ville du også have set flere spillere, der var med til at spille mod jeres førstehold. De havde ikke været i kamp ugen inden, hvorfor reglerne tillod at de kunne stille op i første division. Derved kunne vi give nogle af de uprøvede kræfter noget spilletid.

Jordan said...

Yeah, I saw them that time also. I was just wondering what the rule was. As it is, it seems that there is no real point to having any rules about that kind of thing. I guess as long as you don't play in an elite division match in that week then you can play second division. Fair enough, I was just wondering what the actual rule was.

Anonymous said...

Thomas, det var faktisk halvanden uge ;-)

Reglerne er at en spiller kun må spille kampe i een division/serie pr. spillerunde (er næsten altid det samme som en uge fra mandag til søndag). Det tæller kun hvis man har været på banen.

I næste runde må man rykke op eller ned i rækkerne. Hvis man spiller 2/3 af kampene i een række, må man ikke længere rykke op eller ned.

Vi ses næste lørdag.

Anonymous said...

Arrild

Du må godt rykke op efter at have spillet 2/3 for et andet hold, men du kan ikke rykke ned.

Jordan what about some info on your victory against SK - Congrats by the way

Teis