Friday, January 27, 2006

Weekends Matches 27*1*06

Ugh. Soon enough I’ll have to do something about this shoulder. We were talking in the locker room yesterday about just cutting it off and replacing it with some kind of robotic attachment. Then I could really hit the ball hard. Just a nice solid titanium replacement shoulder with arm attachment.

Anyways, it’s extremely irritating to have a body part holding me back from being able to perform, but that’s life and there is nothing else to do but keep rehabbing it. Luckily for us we’ve got Lasse to step in and set the ball…at least until I get my bionic attachment.

With that said, let’s look forward to the weekend’s matches:

Middelfart @ SK (H 1.50): I saw SK play in the Pokal final and I was very impressed. It was clear that they have improved a lot since the beginning of the season and it made me nervous for our match against them. Luckily, we were able to come away with a 3-0 win from a match where SK didn’t play as well as they did in the Pokal. My feeling is that they are still finding their level as a team and that they still have quite a few things to work on before they can really be considered a strong threat to the best teams in the league. Middelfart is also coming off a nice 3-0 win against Gentofte so their confidence must be fairly high at the moment. Add the revenge factor from the semi-final and I think this one goes to Middelfart. 3-0 at that.

Aalborg (H1.50) @ Gentofte: This one is going to be interesting. Who really knows where Aalborg’s level is right now? They beat Holte decisively at home last weekend, but the match they played before that was a brutal loss to PVC Lyngby just before Christmas break. Clearly Gentofte has been playing well all season, especially at home, and there is no doubt that they are the favorites in this one. But, I have a hard time saying that HIK doesn’t have a good chance here. I think with the odds and the handicap the way they are, this one is a HIK bet or nothing at all. Last time they played it was a five set match, I’m guessing that it will go the distance again. Should be really interesting to see who wins.

Holte (H2.50) @ Marienlyst: I’m probably out for this one, but we don’t lose much when Lasse comes in, the offense will roll on. Odds might be a little low to really be of much value even though I am confident we will win this won. 3-0 to us!

Good luck to everyone this weekend, feel free to send designs for a new bionic shoulder to my email...

1 comment:

Kinger said...

while you are looking for a new shoulder can you keep a look out for a new ankle?
injuries suck.