Friday, February 10, 2006

The Weekend 11*2*06


Quick predictions for this weekend:

HIK - SK (H1.50): This one looks pretty even on paper. I don't really know why SK is getting a set in handicap, I guess it is because HIK is at home. Personally, I don't see any reason to pick HIK. We've been hearing all year that they are good and that they will be there in the end as soon as everyone gets healthy. Well, until they beat someone I'm not picking them. SK has looked fairly good in their matches so far, they have also played better competition so far. One thing is for sure, this one is important for both teams. I'm saying SK takes this one, the handicap just makes a bet even sweeter.

Gentofte - Holte (H2.50): As has been said, Gentofte killed Holte last time they played. I don't see any reason why that changes in this one. Gentofte has been strong at home all year, and Holte just doesn't have the horses to run with them. This should be a fairly secure 3-0 to the home team.

Middelfart - Marienlyst (H1.50): Weirdest odds I have seen all year. I don't have a problem with being the underdog in this one, but adjusting the odds down and giving us a handicap set doesn't really make sense. Either way, I'm looking forward to this one...

Quick note regarding the last post and the picture above: Maybe we should just start inviting the military to all of our games, there is some real spirit! Does this picture make anyone else really want to play for a team in Russia or what?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hove,

Can you explain to me how the odds work. You guys are given a 1.5 set handicap but we have much bigger odds...who is the favourite in this case? Not that it matters I just was wondering what this really means.

Ses on the ses,

Chad

Jordan said...

Yeah, you got me. I think it is the weirdest odd setting I have seen this year. I would say that you guys are the favorites if we are getting a set. But not by much.

If I was making the line, I would have had it straight up or slightly in your guys favor.

Bookmakers must know what they are doing, but this one doesn't really make any sense to me...

Anonymous said...

Dette har egentlig mere relevans for den forrige post, men desværre er der ikke så mange der går tilbage til tidligere poster.

http://frederiksbergvolley.dk/news.aspx?newsid=48

100 tilskuere til en kamp i 2. division. Det er sørme godt gået. Selvom jeg tror at der kan have været ganske god volleyball og høj intensitet, skyldes den store interesse nok mest at de driller hinanden på volleynet og battler opvarmningsmusik.

Kasper said...

En god kampreferats-/opvarmningsmusik-battle på Volleynet er klart den bedste markedsføring og noget mange flere hold burde benytte sig af.

Jordan, by the way, how did it go last weekend? No match report?

Jordan said...

Just read Jeremy's blog, it went good for them, not so good for us...