Wednesday, April 12, 2006

*GOLD*

As the remaining tendrils of cigar smoke and the boozy haze in my brain recede, I realize, I've had little time to reflect on what has been a unique season. Thinking back to August and the beginning, all sorts of thoughts come to mind. It's been bumpy along the way. From somersaults to a gimpy shoulder to coming back from the dead in Gentofte, somehow we managed to do what I can quite honestly say, didn't seem probable at many times, win the Danish Championship for a second time in a row.

Without getting too deep into everything, I just want to say that personally, I'm incredibly proud of the accomplishment. I'm proud of the way this team had a knack for winning close matches. I'm proud that we got better as the season went along. And I'm proud that we won a league that was more competitive than it has been in a long time. So, Fellas, congratulations on a fantastic season! It's been an absolute pleasure.

For me, it's kind of a weird feeling. I've been in Denmark for several years now, and I love it. But, and I know this isn't a big surprise, I've decided to sign a contract in Germany with Wuppertal for next season, so my time here is over (at least for the moment). I'm going to continue with the blog next season, so I hope some of you will keep reading, I don't know if there will be anything too interesting to report, but I guess we'll find out!

But now, it's time to get on a plane and find my way home for a little while. That means the blog is going to be off for a couple months, I might post every once in awhile if I feel like saying something or if I play in a couple AVP tournaments... But I doubt it. Laying around in the sun, on the beach, takes up a lot of time. I'll be back in the middle of June, possibly playing in one or two tournaments on the Fanta Tour, definitely hanging around and watching some, and generally enjoying the wonderful Danish summer.

Ses!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tillykke!

Held og lykke i Tyskland!

Pas på de unge drenge dernede(Lyck og Mads)...


God sommer

/Hoppe

Kinger said...

peace out

kinger

Anonymous said...

Word. I enjoyed the blog...you can always become a sports journalist if the shoulder bums out again!