Thursday, November 24, 2005

Thanksgiving

Give Thanks.

You wouldn’t know it living in Denmark, but today is actually Thanksgiving. Besides eating turkey and falling asleep on the couch watching football, we have a tradition of giving thanks on this day. So, I thought I would take a second to name some of the things that I am grateful for in Danish volley.

The proliferation of volleyball blogs this year can only be seen as a good thing. Besides fostering good debate and giving everyone an outlet for their thoughts, it gives me something to read (almost) every day. It’s the original intent of the Internet – information for the people, and I dig it.

While it may be true that the top and bottom of the elite are farther away from each other than ever before, the top is closer than it has been in a long time. Five set matches have become the norm, and I don’t think anyone is ready to predict right now who is going to win the championship. The competition is exciting and it’s only going to get better. Two matches against Gentofte in the next month, looking forward to it fellas.

Shoulder is getting back to 100% soon…

Congratulations to Chad and Skibe, good friends of mine who have had a lot of success so far as first year men’s elite coaches.

Thanks to the refs for always keeping things interesting. And seriously, thanks to any of the refs that are reading the blogs and thinking about their own performance. The players aren’t the only ones who can improve their game!

Thanks to tv3 for showing the Simpsons at least five times a day. Wonderful development. Oh, and thanks to Zulu for showing real football…

Thanks to Middelfart for putting an end to our winning streak. It was about time to start a new one.

Thanks to the Austrians for Hagebau. (I hope that is at least close to how you spell it).

Great to see more Danish success in Germany and in Australia. Good luck this weekend Bo and Anders…

I guess that’s enough, now I can fill myself up on Turkey and pass out on the couch.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah well, then I would like to thank you for only watching The Simpsons two times a day, and thank you Zulu for only ruining my Sunday nights hehe:-) And now I'm looking forward to the turkey as well - Thank you Jordan!
Maja

Kinger said...

I am thankful for T.C and the gang bustin criminals in Santa Monica day after day on the show "Pacific Blue"! Which by the way is aired every weekday not once..but twice daily.

Jordan said...

That's a good point. I forgot to thank the good people behind Aaron Spelling productions for the honor of being able to watch 90210 every single day. So many things to look forward to...coming up...the College years!

Anonymous said...

I would like to say thanks to Denmark for offering me not only my girlfriend and many good friends but for allowing me to meet other truly special people. So thanks to Ses, Sneaky Peak, the Danish George Michael, Legend and countless others for making my time in Denmark good!

Ses on the ses,

Chad

Anonymous said...

I'd like to thank Denmark for there great beer.
DAMN ITS GOOD!

Nate

Jordan said...

Oh you Australians and your subtle sense of humor...

Anonymous said...

"Oh, and thanks to Zulu for showing real football…"

FC Zulu?