Monday, March 20, 2006

Middelfart

I don't have a whole lot to say about the Middelfart match in particular. We played well and they didn't, in many ways it was the exact opposite of when we played them earlier in Middelfart. Our passing was extremely good which made it easy for me to stand at the net and distribute. Their passing wasn't as good and it made it easier for us to get some reads and block some balls. But, I'm not putting too much weight into this one, both teams have now gotten a bad game out of their system against each other and if we get the chance to play against each other again I would expect a whole different scenario.

What I do think is interesing is the way that each of the top four teams have put a solid beating on each other (with the exception of HIK vs Us) at different times this year. Does that mean that any team can win on any day? Is it all about form? Or did one or two teams just slip at the wrong time? In other words, was it poor play from one of the teams? Or was it good play from the winning teams? Can we really characterize a favorite based on consistecy throughout the season? I guess the semi-finals will give us some answers. In any case, I don't think I have seen a season where there has been such a huge variance between individual matches, it's exciting to see how it all turns out.

On another note, and this has been covered, SK has unfortunately dropped out of the top four and will not be in the semis this year. I wonder what the team will look like next year. Is there anyone from Aarhus that can shed some light on that? And does anyone know if Sasha can play in their last match? Just wondering about the rules and what happens if you get kicked out of a game. I know that if it was Villadsen who did that he would have been probably kicked out of the league... Anyways, congratulations to the four teams left, I'm looking forward to getting things started.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hej

The rules regarding the disqualification is(from what I heard), that as long as the board is reviewing an eventuel penalty, you are not allowed to play. But how long it takes for them to decide I don't know. So we will have to wait and see...

And for the team next year...Only time can tell

Anonymous said...

Hey Hove,
It is good to see this year in Denmark that there is competition and that anyone can beat anyone on any given day. That makes it very satisfying when you prepare all week and come out on top. Sad to see the EX team out of contention but I am sure the final of Middelfart vs Marienlyst will be a good series! Two Ex Teammates gunnin for the title! Good WOrk Guys.